Environmental Management Policy Statement
It is our policy to minimise the harmful effects and maximise the beneficial effects of our activities on our environment. We recognise our Inn has an important role in protecting and enhancing our environment for future generations.
We consider ourselves most privileged to live in the beautiful surroundings of Shropshire which in turn gives us the opportunity to run the business we have chosen. We aim to provide our guests with a high standard of accommodation and customer care at a competitive tariff. At the same time we wish to minimise the impact of our business on the environment. We invite our guests to support our efforts to run a green tourism business in which we aim to minimise our consumption of resources, especially water and energy, and our production of waste.
We have invested in a new (2009), energy efficient condensing central heating boiler, a new condensing tumble drier and a new AAA Class low water consumption washing machine. There are thermostats on all the bedroom radiators so heating can be turned off when they are not occupied. During room servicing we turn off all TVs and radios rather than consuming energy on standby. Where possible we use low energy bulbs and timers to reduce consumption by lights. The computers are all energy star rated and consume no more than 20 watts of elecricty. We sort our rubbish and guests rubbish in order to recycle cans, plastic bottles, glass, paper and cardboard. Whenever possible we compost lawn timmings and vegetable waste from the kitchen. We re-use paper for internal paperwork. Packaging We use longlife bags for shopping and prefer to choose fresh products with minimal packaging. We are constantly increasing our use of email and the internet to reduce our use of paper. We use local suppliers for our eggs and meat. We will be working to increase our use of local produce.
• Minimise our total waste output
•Maximise our reusable, recyclable and recoverable waste
• Minimise our energy usage
• Minimise our water consumption
• Minimise any potential pollution
• Minimise the impact of all other Hotel activities on our local environment (e.g. noise, odours, traffic management, building development, etc)
• Employee awareness, training, feedback and incentives
• Customer awareness and feedback
• Purchasing Policy and Supplier Relationships
• Facilities management (ensuring optimum efficiency in all building, plant and machinery etc)
• Continuously communicating, monitoring, measuring and assessing our performance against our policies, objectives and targets.
• Providing adequate resources to achieve the above
• We invite our employees and customers to support our environmental behaviour..
The Old Orleton Inn